Coolbellup Community School aims to establish a safe and positive learning environment and to maintain a balanced, consistent approach which respects the rights of both teacher and student alike. This school adopts a whole-school approach to discipline. All classes have a clearly established set of rules and consequences.
It is expected that students will:
• Accept responsibility for their behaviour.
• Know and understand the classroom and school rules.
• Be aware of the sanction that will apply if a rule is broken.
• Be rewarded and praised for conforming to the rules.
• Resolve conflicts in a peaceful and non violent manner.
It is expected that staff will:
• Teach, model and reinforce behaviour expectations.
• Be fair and consistent in applying sanctions.
• Communicate positively with students.
• Inform parents/ carers of student behaviour.